The vote for the repeal of the ACA was withdrawn so there will be no immediate change in the health care system. It is still necessary to have a health care plan or face a penalty which gets more substantial every year to adjust for inflation.
For tax year 2016 the penalty is 2.5% of your total household adjusted gross income and stay the same in 2017, or $695 per adult and $347.50 per child, to a maximum of $2,085.
On and off the Marketplace
Ancillary for all ages
- Medicare Supplement
- Prescription Drug Plans
- Medicare Advantage Plans
Long Term Care
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS RUNS FROM NOVEMBER 1 TO JANUARY 31 EACH YEAR!
Special Enrollment Periods exist for those who experience a qualifying event. Below are a few examples, for more information please call Maggie Rutjens at 402-368-5932 or email her at Maggie@tildeninsurance.com.
- 1. Loss of qualifying health insurance coverage:
- a) Turning 26 and no longer eligible for parents plan
- b) Qualifying for Medicaid, Medicare or Children’s Health Insurance Program
- c) Losing Employer or Group health insurance involuntarily
- 2. Change in household size:
- a) Got married, divorced, legally separated, had death in the family and lost coverage
- b) Had baby, adopted a child, gained or became a dependent due to a court order
- 3. Change in primary place of residence
- 4. Change in eligibility for Marketplace coverage
- 5. Enrollment or plan error